Hi everyone, thanks for visiting my blog! You can purchase my work on Etsy, Ebay, or from my website. All images and designs on this blog are copyright by their creators. Be respectful, don't steal.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Books for Etsy!

I was able to finish up some books for Etsy as promised.
I made 3 mushroom books.
I put a little more time into the mushroom on this round. Got some shading on it so it would tie in the natural look.

Made 3 Herb Books.
 Went a little heavier on the orange accent on these. Looks much better.

Made 2 Astrology books. Gilded pages and changed the cover completely, still needs work... maybe.

Made 2 Fantastic Book of Shadows! The second one is already sold and gone.
These contain 50 pages (really thick) with 31 spells (real spells). And some blank pages at the back of the book for continuing the spell work :). 
I bought one of these generic pentagram charms on eBay, cut off the loop part and used it as-is on the second book pictured. I like it, but the pentagram was too shiny and didn't quite match the other details that I sculpted out of clay. So for the first book pictured, I took the pentagram charm, molded it, cast it in clay, and then painted it in the same fashion as the other details. Now they match!

Made 1 Celtic Magic book. Changed the cover a bit on this one, took out the picture and added this Celtic knot work charm thing. It has gilded pages too, silver to match the embellishment.

Made 1 Horse Magic book. Changed the cover completely on this one. Much happier with it! Love that horse embellishment I found, it was the last one at the shop too!

Made 2 Crystal books. One is already sold. Changed the cover on these from the previous version. I like this better but I'm not sure if I'm 100% happy with it yet.
Changed the insides to match the new cover too.

Made 1 Divination book, I thought the stars were fitting for this type of book J, and they match the cover.
I changed the color of the pages too, the previous version was just too dark for the new cover.

Made 1 Talisman and Pentacle book set, unchanged.

And made 1 Goddess book, also unchanged.

I am throwing these on Etsy in a bit, full details of each book and more pictures will be available there. 
------------------------------------
Don't forget about my giveaway post, make a guess or just comment on it to be entered to win stuff! It closes October 1st.

14 comments:

  1. Ah, Lorraine, they're all fab!! The horse book turned out great :) but the mushroom book is still the cutest! Mind you, the herb book's excellent, and the Book of Shadows, and the Goddesses . . . :)))

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant books Lorraine, they are all wonderful! Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful work. Very detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow- all of them are so incredible! I love the herb and mushrooms book the most ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un trabajo increible!!!
    Te han quedado fantasticos, enhorabuena.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Glenda and Kate! It's hard for me to pick a favorite but I have a top 3 :).

    Thanks Jeanne, I took extra time this time so as to get them just right.

    Thanks Victoria! New paper helped, I found a different paper shop about 30 miles away :).

    Thanks Kim! The Herb and Mushroom are in my top 3 favorites for sure!

    Thanks Ascension! I still would change a few, but overall I am pleased with them :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love all the books - but the Mushroom and Herb books are really extra special for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. compliments, the books are all beautiful, I have plenty of choice!
    I just registered, I love making mini books, too ...
    Your blog will be an inspiration to me, thanks!
    kisses from Italy
    Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Caterina! And thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. O Lorraine, I came over and saw that you have made books! They are each so unique and a treasure, every single one of them. I have made books before and they take a long time especially the readable ones but I do love them to be readable :). Like yours :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Sans! I still have a lot of work to do before I perfect the art, but it was enjoyable :).

    ReplyDelete